Skip to main content
#07 - Cup


We had a electrical maintenance in our colony,  unfortunately it was between evening 3 to 6 , or should I say fortunate because it happened during Sunday and almost everyone was out and having tea together. It was like back to my school days times, we used to play in streets with the neighbourhood kids and our mothers would be sitting on the verandas , gossiping something. It was almost nearly same scenario. I was sitting near the staircase, coffee mug in one hand, mobile at the other, reading texts also screening the people simultaneously. I did not see my lawyer friend, has he started again to lock himself in the room again my mind was running with so much questions. Suddenly, a ball rolled down from the terrace to me, and the next door kid came down behind it.
He asked me "Akka give me the ball".
I replied him "Only if you join me in your game" 
He became confused and said "Only captain can decide that" and he pointed his hands towards the balcony "Ask him". 
I laughed. Yeah it is him,my lawyer neighbour playing happily with kids. Few mins later we were standing at the balcony, drinking coffee together. I saw him, he has turned handsome, is he anti-ageing or he has healed completely or is it the happiness that just bounces through his face.
"So what were you reading earlier in you mobile?" he interrupted my thoughts.
"It is a poem from my friend, she has sent me one after a long time"
"Can I see it?" after he finish reading it, "She has skills". 
I smiled. 
He continued "She is hurt, there is a pain in the poem." 
I nodded positively to him. 
He asked "Do you know that the word some and anything followed by it always remains mystery?"
"I can't follow your words" I said him with a confusion.
He smiled at me and said "Your friend has used lot of some - Some day , Some time , Some feelings , Some things etc etc. They are code word telling you are locked between acceptance and denial."
"If you use the word some day, it means you are never gonna do it anyday and you know that already" 
He left me thinking again and went to play with kids.

Am I locked between that acceptance and denial mystery? I have a lot of things to do someday and there are more "some" stuffs I wanted to do. It is a painful way to express the wishes and desires, quoting them in "some". I saw him, looks like he never got locked in that mystery, he does instantly everything, chooses the yes or no firmly and accepts both the acceptance and rejection. Friends don't get locked there, we can't live inside a four wall right?

The Poem written by my friend
I started to walk down, he called me "Hey Rithi, I like the line Some moments never arrive left waiting, convey it to her". I smiled and nodded him and thought to myself  why wouldn't he like that line when he is waiting for his moment.

" Someday is not my day, today is my day" the quote came to my mind. Hope it lingers in your mind too guys. After all what is the use of some day when you can't think of today?

Think with a cup of coffee and have a sip in it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#04 - Cup I am being honest. I had no idea of what to put in the 4th cup. I was swinging up and down in the week, so nothing caught my eyes, nothing struck in my heart, nothing rang a bell in my head. The mind and heart never gets connected when you want them so desperately to stay in synchronized mode. One goes in left and other goes in right. Better the control should be given to only one thing, but in my case, I just give it to every organ I guess. So in this oscillating mood through whole week, I was fighting so hard to pay attention around me, so that I can come up with something. Then something really made me to think. My friend, more of close friend, he was talking to me over the call. We started something about, his relationship topic and then time flew just like that. I was feeling sleepy. I yawned, he laughed and said you should go and sleep now. I was in moral dilemma because when I hung up, I am going to go back to the bad mood, but same time, it did not feel ...
#02 - Second Cup "Little things make big difference". A usual proverb, that we have heard many times, said many times, felt lot of times and have forgot lot of times too.Read the sentence again, "LITTLE things make BIG difference".The words are opposite to each other but when they come together, they create a meaning that is so perfectly true. Do we really care about little things? Well I care about it only when someone doesn't care about little things for me. And I guess there are so many "I" like me.The things are really little to be taken care, but yet we forget to do so. Is it because, they are so little that we actually can't see them? If they are really that little then, they doesn't matter right? But why do they create such a big difference? Why ? The question I asked many times Why? I have a friend, who sends me texts all day and night. It starts with "Good Morning" and it goes on like, Have you brushed your teeth? ...