Skip to main content

# 10 Cup

The family that eats, sleeps & prays together; stays together. 

An old saying probably it is from ancient christian times. The quote sends a very strong emotional message. Well it says, despite the differences in every individual, a consistently followed routine can build a strong team, a family or a community. It is like everyone is ready to leave out their differences and come forward together for a common cause, a vision or a goal.

The saying can do justice to any group of people who doesn't share the same DNA. The statement states, a routine followed by all the players in the team for a was structured or it should have happened the other way around. Anyway, it is good to practice.
common ground on why it is being followed. For the practice of peace and harmony in the family, during old times, people gather and sit for a meal. Maybe this is how the proverb

And this quote, kept humming in my mind during my trip to “Neverland”. Just like the Peter Pan, I was excited and terrified same time. It was so funny when I felt butterflies like a kid to meet new faces. Brings back my school memories, stepping into a new classroom. The greetings became “Quick Quiz” in matching the voices with the faces. In a matter of minutes, I found this gang is entirely different to my imagination about them; except for the kindness they showed.

Just like the ironic facts, the quiet ones in the calls were the loudest in person. The talkative voices remained invisible in entire trip. Nevertheless, their shared unity is notable. I barely spoke to everybody other than common phrases like, “Could you pass the water bottle?” “When is the breakfast, lunch or dinner?” (I like to eat you see). They were quite a group already, but being an entirely different wavelength person, I did not feel like an alien in the gang. This sends a message, “Being ordinary is the new classic” A team of very ordinary people creating things that are brilliant. Man! How cool it is to just even think about it? 


They proved to be the most humble geeks I have ever met (Well only in earth, because Martians are more clever). Putting arms around each other for protecting, supporting and even for pulling legs seems the fun part. The thought of making a colleague’s birthday as an office party is the sweetest thing and the whole gang is coping up in keeping it as a surprise to him is impressive. And like the bugs we create, there were downsides like when we walked all the way in a wrong direction for a while, played the “Mafia” game with limited fun and the religious strike we experienced; all remained yet adventurous and definitely goes to my memory book.


Oh, yes, there is a strong girl power in the gang and constantly putting the boys down. Yet, kudos to you guys, you are all awesome withstanding and giving it back without mercy (so much fun with this playful rivalries)

From my personal perception (no offense), the MNC office trips I have taken in my career truly sucks. And I believed an office trip will never be fun packed. Well, I have to change my opinion now. This trip remained as a best part of my travel diaries and I am grateful that it happened at the most needed time of my life. I discovered myself, the lost bird was able to identify its wings and ready to step on to the road.
A trip not to be forgotten

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#04 - Cup I am being honest. I had no idea of what to put in the 4th cup. I was swinging up and down in the week, so nothing caught my eyes, nothing struck in my heart, nothing rang a bell in my head. The mind and heart never gets connected when you want them so desperately to stay in synchronized mode. One goes in left and other goes in right. Better the control should be given to only one thing, but in my case, I just give it to every organ I guess. So in this oscillating mood through whole week, I was fighting so hard to pay attention around me, so that I can come up with something. Then something really made me to think. My friend, more of close friend, he was talking to me over the call. We started something about, his relationship topic and then time flew just like that. I was feeling sleepy. I yawned, he laughed and said you should go and sleep now. I was in moral dilemma because when I hung up, I am going to go back to the bad mood, but same time, it did not feel ...
#02 - Second Cup "Little things make big difference". A usual proverb, that we have heard many times, said many times, felt lot of times and have forgot lot of times too.Read the sentence again, "LITTLE things make BIG difference".The words are opposite to each other but when they come together, they create a meaning that is so perfectly true. Do we really care about little things? Well I care about it only when someone doesn't care about little things for me. And I guess there are so many "I" like me.The things are really little to be taken care, but yet we forget to do so. Is it because, they are so little that we actually can't see them? If they are really that little then, they doesn't matter right? But why do they create such a big difference? Why ? The question I asked many times Why? I have a friend, who sends me texts all day and night. It starts with "Good Morning" and it goes on like, Have you brushed your teeth? ...
#07 - Cup We had a electrical maintenance in our colony,  unfortunately it was between evening 3 to 6 , or should I say fortunate because it happened during Sunday and almost everyone was out and having tea together. It was like back to my school days times, we used to play in streets with the neighbourhood kids and our mothers would be sitting on the verandas , gossiping something. It was almost nearly same scenario. I was sitting near the staircase, coffee mug in one hand, mobile at the other, reading texts also screening the people simultaneously. I did not see my lawyer friend, has he started again to lock himself in the room again my mind was running with so much questions. Suddenly, a ball rolled down from the terrace to me, and the next door kid came down behind it. He asked me  "Akka give me the ball". I replied him  "Only if you join me in your game"  He became confused and said "Only captain can decide that"  and he pointed his hands towa...