Skip to main content
#01 - First Cup

I was standing nearby the window, I happened to hear voices from my neighbor, he lives upstairs. He is almost in his early 30's, working in a law firm. All the weekends, he spends time with his girlfriend, in his apartment. I have heard their laughs, jokes, fights,arguments,makeups, not to mention other things. But this time I never heard his voice, only her voice. She was speaking in a plain tone, no expression, no feeling. I don't know why he was not talking, but she was not stopping either. I tried to listen keenly for his voice, and there I heard his voice finally. He said "I get it, You are breaking up with me". I was shocked. He continued,"It is for the Good, but it is not happy". I could not stand there anymore, I went to the sofa and turned on the Television. My hands were flipping channels but my mind was in his words. "It is for the Good, but it is not happy"


Have we ever thought of asking to parents are elders when they say, it is for your own good, so better sacrifice it for the good.It is like happy things and good things never come together. Why aren't they coming together? Is it because they contradict each other always? All our life, we hear things like this, don't take arts take science, don't choose love choose settlement, don't spend time work always. Is it wrong to ask for both? Happiness and Goodness. When we start to put someone else speech in our ears, we start to loose the happy things. We will get a good life but not worth of living it happily. Is it okay to be with only good things that is not going to make you feel happy really?
What is the use of having a Limo while your heart would sway for a Bicycle ride?
Think with a cup of coffee, and take a sip of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#04 - Cup I am being honest. I had no idea of what to put in the 4th cup. I was swinging up and down in the week, so nothing caught my eyes, nothing struck in my heart, nothing rang a bell in my head. The mind and heart never gets connected when you want them so desperately to stay in synchronized mode. One goes in left and other goes in right. Better the control should be given to only one thing, but in my case, I just give it to every organ I guess. So in this oscillating mood through whole week, I was fighting so hard to pay attention around me, so that I can come up with something. Then something really made me to think. My friend, more of close friend, he was talking to me over the call. We started something about, his relationship topic and then time flew just like that. I was feeling sleepy. I yawned, he laughed and said you should go and sleep now. I was in moral dilemma because when I hung up, I am going to go back to the bad mood, but same time, it did not feel ...
#02 - Second Cup "Little things make big difference". A usual proverb, that we have heard many times, said many times, felt lot of times and have forgot lot of times too.Read the sentence again, "LITTLE things make BIG difference".The words are opposite to each other but when they come together, they create a meaning that is so perfectly true. Do we really care about little things? Well I care about it only when someone doesn't care about little things for me. And I guess there are so many "I" like me.The things are really little to be taken care, but yet we forget to do so. Is it because, they are so little that we actually can't see them? If they are really that little then, they doesn't matter right? But why do they create such a big difference? Why ? The question I asked many times Why? I have a friend, who sends me texts all day and night. It starts with "Good Morning" and it goes on like, Have you brushed your teeth? ...
#07 - Cup We had a electrical maintenance in our colony,  unfortunately it was between evening 3 to 6 , or should I say fortunate because it happened during Sunday and almost everyone was out and having tea together. It was like back to my school days times, we used to play in streets with the neighbourhood kids and our mothers would be sitting on the verandas , gossiping something. It was almost nearly same scenario. I was sitting near the staircase, coffee mug in one hand, mobile at the other, reading texts also screening the people simultaneously. I did not see my lawyer friend, has he started again to lock himself in the room again my mind was running with so much questions. Suddenly, a ball rolled down from the terrace to me, and the next door kid came down behind it. He asked me  "Akka give me the ball". I replied him  "Only if you join me in your game"  He became confused and said "Only captain can decide that"  and he pointed his hands towa...